Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing The Commercial

            Today I am starting to edit my groups footage. Before I started editing, I prepared my footage ahead of time. I made sure the footage was still on the computer from last class. I then went into the folder that was created by my group and I last class an made sure all the footage was present. Once that was completed, I started to watch each video that was recorded last class. My group and I started to discuss the footage that we would like to be in the completed commercial. When going through the footage, my group and I made sure to pick the clearest and best footage to fit our commercial. After we decided on our footage, I looked on the computer’s desktop to find the editing app. This app is known as Pinnacle Studios. Since this app was already on my desktop, my group and I did not have to download the app.
            During the editing process, we completed many steps regarding our footage. Once we discovered Pinnacle Studios, we transferred our footage into the app. We then had to wait for our footage to load into Pinnacle Studios. As I waited patiently, I had to make sure everything was downloading smoothly. Once the footage completely downloaded into Pinnacle Studios, I double checked to make sure all of our footage was present. Once that was completed, there were random pieces of evidence that were not needed. My group and I decided to delete all of the random footage that we did not need for our commercial. Once we did that, I highlighted all of our footage to get ready to start the official editing. I dragged down the highlighted footage to the video track to start editing. Unfortunately, we had some technical difficulties before we started to edit our footage.
            During our editing process, we had many issues. When we first downloaded the footage, we were unable to watch the footage. After a while, the footage finally started to play however, the footage wasn’t the best quality. The footage was very glitchy and the full video normally didn’t play. The footage was also very slow, as the footage was taken with normal speed and when downloaded to the computer, it looked like it was in slow motion. Our group worked very hard to resolve this problem however, this was an issue with the computer itself. After we hit this road block, had a good idea to download all of our footage to google drive. Once we did this, our footage was not glitchy or slow anymore and we were able to watch all of our footage again. My group and I were proud that we resolved our problem with our glitchy and slow footage. Next class, my group and I plan to come more prepared to work with our footage and we will hopefully be able to complete our official editing  process.

No comments:

Post a Comment