Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog: Trimming and Exporting Footage

          After my group and I finished filming all of the footage needed for our film, we were ready to start editing. Before we started editing, my group and I went back and looked at all of the footage we had. We wanted to ensure that we used the best footage we had to incorporate into our film. When filming,  my group and I filmed many shots per scene. Because of this, we had to go back and choose what footage was best for each scene. When selecting the footage, it was very time consuming as we had to delete the footage that was not wanted or worthy to be in our film. My group and I had to pick the footage that turned out the best and supported the genre of the film. After this selection process, my group and I began to trim the footage. We had to ensure that each clip was short enough to meet the time limit that was instructed. After many attempts, my group and I finally met the required time for our film.
          During this process, there were many issues that had to be resolved when trying to meet the required time limit. Our edited footage kept going over the maximum time limit. My group and I came to an agreement that some of the less important scenes needed to be trimmed. After trimming these scenes, we just managed to meet the maximum time limit and had no further concerns about the maximum time limit. After overcoming this issue, my group and I began to import all of the trimmed footage. We all came to an agreement to use iMovie instead of Pinnacle Studios. We knew that using iMovie was going to make this editing process much easier as all of our footage was filmed using my iPhone. My group and I faced some difficulties when trying to import all of our footage due to technical issues within the computer that we decided to use. We easily resolved this issue by using a different Mac computer to export our footage onto. After we switched computers, the footage was capable of being exported without any remaining issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment