Thursday, March 19, 2020

Editing Blog: Incorporating Sound

          After organizing title sequences, it was time for my group and I to move on to the final step in editing. We were all very excited to finish editing to see our final product. As a result of this, my group and I got to work immediately. There were a couple of things that needed some improvements which is what we started to work on. We quickly realized that the time duration between each sequence needed to be set correctly. We didn’t want to confuse the audience if one sequence appeared on the screen at the same time as another sequence. This is not complicated to achieve as resets the specific times that we wanted each sequence to appear and disappear. My group and I didn’t only want the transitions between each sequence to be smooth, we also wanted the transitions between each seen to be smooth as well. These smooth transitions between each scene are important as it informs the audience that switching of scenes has occurred. These smooth transitions also assist the audience to find and notice different shots and angles used within each scene.
          After setting the duration between each sequence, my group and I had one last thing to edit. This was to incorporate music throughout some scenes within our film. My group and I had many good ideas for songs that could have been used however, we had to use copyright free music. In search of copyright Free music, my group and I used the power of YouTube to our advantage. We searched and listened to many songs and soon found the perfect song to incorporate into our film. After selecting this song, we edited it into the introduction of our film. We incorporated the song to be playing when the title sequences are being displayed. The song had the perfect beat and mood to match the content being viewed by the audience. The song also provided the perfect intro for a horror film, exhibiting more horror as the film proceeded. Once this process was completed, my group and I finally finished our editing journey and had a fully completed product.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment