Monday, November 25, 2019

Film Blog

          My group and I just finished creating our storyboard. I am very excited to start filming our music video. After finishing our storyboard, my group and I decided we wanted to film the following weekend. After we decided on our plans, we talked about who will take the equipment. One of my group members walked up to the front to sign the equipment out. We checked out a camera and a tripod. My group and I made sure to put the filming equipment in the hands of a responsible individual within the group. We did this to avoid the equipment from being damaged or lost. We understood that if the equipment was damaged or lost, we could have to pay for what we would cause. As plans were made and our discussions were complete, we were prepared for the weekend to start filming our music video.
     Once the weekend came around, we were all very excited. The evening before the weekend started, we were all in a group call. One of the group members had family plans last minute which was at the same time we scheduled to film. Because of this, we could not film over the weekend as planned. We decided that we are going to film over the one week break. This allows us to have better-structured plans with more organization. When we rescheduled our plans for filming, we made sure that all of us were free and no other plans would get in our way. In this process, we informed all of our parents and assured that no plans would get in the way of our filming plans. Once we developed a final plan for filming, I felt more organized because our plans were better structured the second time. First, we informed our parents to ensure that our plans wouldn’t be interrupted and then we planed the location and time.
     Since my group and I were unable to film on the weekend we intended, I took this to my advantage. I decided to watch videos on camera features and basic knowledge about the camera I will be using just to refresh my memory before we start filming. I also watched videos on basic tripod knowledge and what I need to know before filming this music video. Watching these videos will make the filming process much faster and easier and I will be more prepared for when we start filming. When referring to my group, I decided to join a group call with my group members to discuss how we could improve our music video overall. We discussed cool ideas that we could create, using different angles and shots. During that same discussion, we talked about which props and costumes we could incorporate into our film. Deciding on the right props and costumes to use is crucial as they provide the mood and a more realistic effect on the film. Having logical props and costumes can create the difference between a realistic and well-structured film to an unrealistic and poorly structured film. Last but not least, during that call, I decided on which costume I was going to wear with the help of my group's advise as well as deciding on which props I will be providing for my group and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment