Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming blog: Scheduling and planning

          My group and I were planning on filming over the weekend but unfortunately, we were unable to. Unexpected plans from my fellow group members took place at the same time that my group and I were going to film. This resulted in us having to cancel our plans for filming. Since my group and I couldn’t film, we decided to use this time resourcefully to reschedule and conduct planning for the new filming date. I believe that this step was very important as this will provide an easier and smoother filming process. My group and I spent many hours on Group FaceTime discussing and reviewing specific details that will take place in each scene. We did this to make sure that we were all organized and prepared for the day that we planned to start filming. We also reviewed and discussed the angles and shots that would look good or match with each scene to make our film look more professional. This will also prevent my group and I from using more time on planning and getting organized at the filming location. As a result of this, my group and I will not waste valuable time that can be used to film.
         During our planning over the phone, my group and I mainly focused on the props and the setting of our film. Using the power of all of our knowledge, we conducted many great ideas about props and the setting that would be essential and valuable to include in our film. We also discussed specific editing techniques that we could use to take our film to the next level. To make the filming process less stressful, my group and I agreed that we would all bring props. This would allow my group and I to have a selection of props to choose from. The usage of these props and special effects extenuate the element of horror and fully express the purpose of the genre: to scare. Without the props, the genre of horror wouldn’t be completely fulfilled. The props will allow our film to seem more realistic and professional. When referring to the special effects, it is essential that we use them. Adding special effects will allow our film to look more professional and smooth as special effects can’t be regularly filmed and must be inserted to complete that feeling of horror that the audience craves.

No comments:

Post a Comment