Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Blog: Resolving an issue

          In result of a lot of discussions, my group and I decided to film on Sunday. Everything was going as planned until we ran into a serious problem. The individuals that agreed to work with my group and I informed us that they may be either late and may not make it. They then later confirmed that they were all not going to be able to make it for filming on Sunday. They explained that they started to film their own footage the same day and didn't expect it to take as long as it took. They said that their footage was going to take all day rather then what we anticipated: only a couple of hours. They said that they could help us the following weekend however, we wanted to film earlier so we would have time to edit our footage. Because of this, we were in a lot of panic. We were very worried as our whole script and storyboard included the individuals that weren't able to make it resulting in my group and I having to make changes to the script and storyboard. We informed the individuals that weren't able to make it that it was all going to be okay as they respectively apologized to us in concern of our plans.
            My group and I knew we had to find a solution as that could have been our last opportunity to film. My group and I brainstormed many ideas to help us find a solution to this massive problem. It was essential to us that our scenes still made sense and were still interesting for not only us but for the audience as well. If the scenes didn't make sense to the audience, the film wouldn't be interesting and it would be challenging to follow along with what happens throughout the film. This will also exclude the wanted genre of horror and the thrilling feeling that the audience craves. My group and I started to edit our script that was completed before we knew that we were low on actors. We needed to make edits to make our scenes actable with the number of actors we sustained. After some time, we finally perfected our script for the number of people we could work with. My group and I were very relieved that we faced and handled the problem very well without messing up our filming schedule. Because our group works so well together, we were still able to produce some amazing footage for our first day of filming, even with the problem that we faced in the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment